{Disarmed} Fwd: [New post] Natty Translations Plans I: Translations Stories

Fran Dieguez fran.dieguez en mabishu.com
Mar Nov 30 15:20:56 CET 2010

E que tal se enviamos a nosa historia...  aproveitando que co abalar imos
ter 80k equipos con ubuntu e en galego e para o ano mais de 150k ??
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Benvinguts, passeu passeu" <no-reply en wordpress.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2010 15:16
Subject: [New post] Natty Translations Plans I: Translations Stories
To: <frandieguez en ubuntu.com>

     <http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/author/davidplanella/>  Natty
Translations Plans I: Translations
Stories<http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/natty-translations-plans-i-translations-stories/>
*David <http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/author/davidplanella/>* |
Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 16:15 | Tags:
Natty<http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?tag=natty>,
Outreach <http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?tag=outreach>,
Roadmap<http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?tag=roadmap>,
Stories <http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?tag=stories>,
Translations<http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?tag=translations>,
Ubuntu <http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?tag=ubuntu> | Categories:
English <http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?category_name=english>,
Ubuntu<http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?category_name=ubuntu>| URL:
http://wp.me/p7C3N-ap

 [image: Translations Stories - A tsig mit zibn tsigelekh]
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/center_for_jewish_history/3859858454/>As Jono
has been mentioning
recently<http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/11/16/natty-community-team-plans/>,
one of the projects we're working on the translations community this cycle
are Translations
Stories<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-translations-stories>
.

We'd like to show how translations change people's lives for the best, and
how the work of translators has an impact on that. We'd like to share our
excitement and highlight the awesome work translators do, and we thought
that articles with translations stories would be the perfect vehicle for
that.

In order to achieve this, we need your help. You don't have to be a
translator for this: you only need a few spare hours and be willing to give
back to the project contributing on this effort to raise awareness on
translations.

So, without further ado, here's how:
Contribute

Do you want to submit a story to let everyone know about the fantastic work
the translation team in your language is doing? Well, that's easy!

   - *Sign up*. Sign up for writing a translations story on this wiki
page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Stories>by adding your name
to the
   list <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Stories#Contribute> there.
   - *Research*. Think about what you want to write, and get some
   information. The *Get inspired* section below (or
here<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Stories#Get+inspired>)
   should give you a few pointers to get you started.
   - *Write a Story*. Write a short article highlighting an area of your
   choice related to translations. Don't forget to add a picture!
   - *Send the Story*. Send me <https://launchpad.net/~dpm> your story (*david
   (DOT) planella (AT) ubuntu (DOT) com*) adding the word *[STORY]* to the
   e-mail's subject. I'll then take care of publishing it to Ubuntu
News<http://ubuntu-news.org/>,
   Ubuntu Planet <http://planet.ubuntu.com/> and to the translators Facebook
   page <http://www.facebook.com/ubuntu.translators>.

Get inspired

Here are some ideas about what you can write about:

   - *Schools with Ubuntu in your language*: Check out the schools using
   Ubuntu in your language <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Education/UbuntuSchools>.
   Get in touch with them to get more information and write how they are using
   Ubuntu.
   - *Translation Jams*: Did you run a translation jam during the
   UbuntuGlobalJam <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam> or at any other
   time? Tell us how it went!
   - *Statistics*: Did your team had a whooping increase in translation
   coverage<http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.10-translation-stats.html>since
the last release? Tell us how you dit it and promote some healthy
   competition amongst teams.
   - *Interviews*: Interview and tell us about people being able to use
   Ubuntu in their language
   - *Workflow*: Are you particularly proud about your successful
   translation workflow and would like to show it to other teams? Write an
   article and let everyone know!
   - *Be creative*: There are lots more of other subjects or areas where we
   can highlight the work of translators and their impact on people's lives.
   Use your imagination as a source for stories!

Stay tuned<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Contact/#Keeping%20up%20to%20date%20with%20translation%20news%20and%20announcements>for
more news on this effort. We'll soon be publishing some guidelines on
how to write good translations stories to help you making them even more
awesome.

Are you going to be the first to submit one? Looking forward to reading
them!

Add a comment to this
post<http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/natty-translations-plans-i-translations-stories/#respond>
 <http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/gocomments/davidplanella.wordpress.com/645/>